for choosing Cover Domestic Appliances to supply Your
Multi Appliance insurance. We
hope that Your Equipment
will be trouble-free, but should a failure occur during the Policy Period
please follow the procedures detailed in this policy.
This insurance is administered by Covertxt UK Limited on behalf of the insurer China Taiping Insurance (UK) Co Ltd, Registered in England No.1766035. Registered Office: 2 Finch Lane, London EC3V 3NA.
Covertxt UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 728271. Covertxt UK Limited is registered in England and Wales, Company No. 09013199. Registered and Trading Address: Unit 21A The Business Centre, Edward Street, Redditch B97 6HA.
China Taiping Insurance (UK) Co Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, ref 202690.
The above information can be checked on the Financial Services Register by using the following website address www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
will collect Your
payment from Your
bank account by direct debit or by recurring card payment, on an agreed date and subject to the successful collection of Your
payment each month We
will provide the cover detailed in this policy. The cover will automatically continue until either You
cancel this policy. On behalf of Covertxt UK Limited, The Direct Debit payments are managed by the Company’s BACS Bureau, Eazy Collect Services Limited, email: (www.eazycollect.co.uk) which is the name that will appear alongside Covertxt UK Limited on Your
Bank or Building Society statement.
Recurring card payments are managed by the Company’s Card Processing Bureau, Worldpay, email: (www.worldpay.com) – the Worldpay reference will appear alongside Covertxt UK Limited on Your
Bank or Building Society statement.
not wish to renew this policy You
must follow the cancellation process as detailed under the Cancellation condition of this policy. The Administrator
is not obliged to offer renewal of Your
policy and may cancel this policy in line with the cancellation conditions.
would remind You
that only Equipment
described in the Appliance List
is insured for Breakdown
. If You
or purchase new Equipment
requiring cover, You
must advise Us
in writing, otherwise, such Equipment
will be uninsured.
move address or change Your
email address You
should advise Us
in writing as failure to do so may result in Your
cover becoming invalid.
wish to contact The Administrator
or The Claims Administrator
on any matter relating to this insurance or in connection with a claim the following means are available:
Address: Unit 21A, The Business Centre, Edward Street, Redditch/ B97 6HA. Telephone: 0203 021 7871
It is always Our
intention to provide You
with the first-class standard of service. Misunderstandings can however occur, and We
would prefer to know about the problem than for You
to remain dissatisfied.
Any communication can be made orally or in writing and on Your
behalf by a third party with Your
If any problem arises in connection with this policy, You
should firstly contact:
The Operations Manager – Covertxt UK Limited
Unit 21A The Business Centre, Edward Street, Redditch B97 6HA.
Tel No: 0203 021 7871 Email: email@example.com
enquiry has not been dealt with to Your
satisfaction, please refer to the insurer by contacting:
The Compliance Officer China Taiping Insurance (UK) Company Limited –
2 Finch Lane, London. EC3V 3NA
Tel: 0207 839 1888 Fax: 0207 621 1202 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Compliance Officer will acknowledge the complaint within five business days and advise You
of the person who will be dealing with the complaint and when You
can expect to receive a detailed response. The person dealing with the complaint will be a senior member of staff who was not directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint. They will have the authority and experience to adequately address the complaint and explain the results of the investigation.
complaint should be more appropriately dealt with by another firm, the insurer will ensure it is referred to them as soon as practicable and certainly no later than five business days of becoming satisfied that another firm is or may be responsible for the matters complained of. The insurer will make this referral to the other firm in writing and advise You
by way of a final response that the referral has been made and include the other firm’s contact details.
complaint will be thoroughly investigated, and the insurer will respond to it as soon as possible. Within twenty business days the insurer will provide a detailed response to Your
complaint in writing or, if it is not possible to respond within that time, the insurer will inform You
in writing within twenty business days why it has been unable to resolve the complaint within that time, why it needs more time to do so and when You
can expect to receive its final response.
If the insurer has not completed its investigation within eight weeks after the complaint was made it will write to You
and explain why there is a further delay. The insurer will also confirm when it expects to issue its final response and advise You
may be eligible to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if You
are dissatisfied with the delay. Its contact details are:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower Harbour Exchange Square London E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 023 4 567 from landlines
0300 123 9 123 from mobile phones
Fax: 020 7964 1001
E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
are eligible to refer Your
complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service You
have this right to do so free of charge, but You
must do so within six months of the date of the insurer‘s final response. If You
do not refer to Your
complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have the insurer’s permission to consider Your
complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if it believes that the delay was a result of exceptional circumstances.
The European Commission has an online dispute resolution service for consumers who have a complaint about a product or service bought online. If you choose to submit your complaint this way it will be forwarded to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Alternatively, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service directly.
Visit https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&lng=EN to access the
Online Dispute Resolution Service.
Please quote our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In consideration of You
have paid the premium to The Administrator
agree to provide the insurance described herein.
have relied upon the information supplied by You
in connection with This insurance to enable Us
to form the contract of insurance between You
This policy should be read in conjunction with any Schedule
The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear in this document.
-List of Equipment
insured by this policy and held by You
and The Administrator
Beyond Economical Repair
– Where the cost of repairing Equipment
is more than its value after the application of Depreciation.
-The actual and sudden mechanical or electrical failure or breakdown which results in the sudden stoppage of the Equipment’s
normal function and which necessitates repair to resume those functions.
– Attendance of an engineer to the Home
– The date Your cover begins with Us as stated in the Schedule.
– Any other costs which are directly or indirectly caused by the insured event which led to a claim. For example, any loss of frozen food or data.
-Any claim made within the first 30 days following the Commencement Date.
-The provision for the depreciation of the Equipment
over time. Depreciation
will be applied to the Equipment’s
purchase price or £500 whichever is the lesser at 15% per annum from the date of purchase.
-Items stated on the Appliance List
supplied when applying for this insurance or as subsequently amended and agreed with The Administrator
– the first amount of every claim for which You are responsible as stated in the Schedule.
– Address stated in the Schedule
– This insurance commences on the date shown in the Schedule
. This policy is renewed annually.
– Repair, including Call Out
, labour and parts.
– Schedule containing details of Your
particulars as required by this insurance and is supplied with this policy.
– Covertxt UK Limited.
The Claims Administrator
-Covertxt UK Limited.
Wear and Tear
– Gradual deterioration associated with normal use and age of the Equipment
We / Us / Our
-China Taiping Insurance (UK) Co Ltd.
You / Your
– The person who applied for this insurance and is named in the Schedule
What is covered
In the event of Breakdown
of the Equipment
arising during the Policy Period
and occurring within the Home, We
will repair or otherwise pay compensation to You
under the basis of settlement.
Basis of settlement
In the event of a Breakdown, We
will pay the cost of repair
, or if the Equipment
is Beyond Economic Repair
or suitable replacement parts are not available We
will provide a monetary settlement after allowance for Depreciation
The maximum We
will pay for anyone claim under this policy is £500.
What is not covered
This policy shall not cover the following.
- Call Out charges where a fault cannot be found with the Equipment.
- Breakdown as a consequence of impact or any other cause external to the Equipment.
- Use of the Equipment by anyone other than You or people that reside within Your
- Failure to comply with the manufacturers’ instructions for the care and maintenance of the Equipment.
- Equipment that does not meet the electrical regulations which are currently in force at the time of the Breakdown.
- Costs not authorised by the Claims Administrator.
- Faults relating to the installation of the Equipment.
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the Equipment.
- Repairs to cosmetic parts or non-mechanical or electrical components.
- The breakdown caused by foreign objects or substances.
- Faults were known to You or existing before the inception of this
- Breakdown of any Equipment that is the subject of a manufacturers’ recall or modification.
- Routine maintenance of the Equipment supplies or service at the home.
- Breakdown covered by manufacturers’ or suppliers’ or installers’ guarantee or warranty.
- Call Outs arising from the interruption, failure, or disconnection of public services at the home (including water, electricity or gas supply however caused) or from gas leaks.
- Breakdown arising as a result of normal Wear and Tear (e.g. belts, fuses, seals, handles, runners, screen burn etc.).
- Any claim for disks, including disk burn or scratched disks.
- Any claim for computer keyboards, mouse devices or games console controllers.
- Realignment of any satellite dishes.
- Consequential Loss.
- The VAT element of any payment where You are VAT registered.
- Costs associated with the initial setup.
- Any claim within the Deferment Period.
- Where the Equipment is incorrectly installed or is installed in a garage, outbuilding or location identified as unsuitable for the Equipment by its manufacturer.
- The amount of the Excess stated in the Schedule.
- In the event of Breakdown and You wish to claim under this policy You should advise The Claims Administrator as soon as possible and not later than seven days after You have become aware of the Breakdown.
- The Claims Administrator will make reasonable attempts to obtain a suitable tradesman, provided that provision of service is not precluded by
- adverse weather conditions.
- industrial disputes (official or not).
- failure of the public transport system (including the road network) and repair thereto; or
- other circumstances preventing access to the home or otherwise making provision of service impractical.
- The Claims Administrator shall be entitled to
- decline any claim if the Home or services have not been maintained in a safe or serviceable condition.
- decide on the most appropriate means of providing service, although The Claims Administrator will take Your wishes into account whenever possible; and
- settle any costs on a proportionate basis if You have any other insurance covering the same service.
- You are required and must take care to
- supply accurate and complete answers to all the questions the claims Administrator may ask as part of Your make sure that all information supplied in connection with Your claim is true and correct, and
- notify The Claims Administrator of any changes to the answers You have given as soon as possible. Failure to provide accurate and true answers may result in Your claim being invalid.
- You will is responsible for tradesmen’s Call Out charges if, having requested assistance, You are not at Home when the tradesman arrives.
- If the cost of Your claim exceeds the cover provided by this policy, You will be responsible to pay the difference.
- You will be required to pay any additional costs relating to installation or service on integrated or built-in appliances.
- The Claims Administrator will arrange to supply and fit replacement parts or components were required to satisfy Your If You request any additional work or replacement parts or the fitting of components of a superior specification You will be responsible for the additional cost. We are not responsible for any inconvenience, additional cost, loss, or damage caused by delay in the supply of spare parts or components by manufacturers or their suppliers or agents.
If the insurer is unable to meet its legal obligations under this insurance, You
may be entitled to apply for compensation under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). Further information is available from FSCS. Tel: 0800 678 1100. Website www.fscs.org.uk
- You must have complied with all the terms and conditions of this policy before We are liable to make any payment.
- If You make any claim or statement that is false or fraudulent this insurance will not apply, and We will not pay any claim.
- You shall take reasonable precautions to protect the Equipment against Breakdown, maintain it in a sound and safe working condition and not use it in any way contrary to the operations manual.
- In the event of a valid claim under this policy We are entitled to pursue, in Your name but at Our expense, recovery of amounts We have paid or may become liable to pay. You must give Us all the assistance We may reasonably require to do this.
- In addition to the premium, You will pay Us any tax due on the premium which We are required to collect in accordance with current legislation.
- Unless We agree otherwise, this insurance will be governed by English law.
- A person or company who was not a party to this policy has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this policy, but this condition does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available other than under this Act.
- It is agreed by you that any information provided to Us regarding you, to accept this insurance and handling any claims, may, if necessary, be divulged to third parties, provided that it is processed by Us in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation.
decide that for any reason, this policy does not meet Your
requirements, then please return it to The Administrator
within 14 days of issue. On the condition that no claim has been made or pending, We
will then refund Your
payment in full.
may only cancel this policy in writing, giving at least 14 days’ notice to The Administrator
. However, no refund of payment will be payable.
We provide annual contracts paid either in monthly instalments or a one-off payment at the beginning of the policy.
have chosen to pay in monthly instalments and wish to cancel the policy, You
will be required to give 14 days’ notice and pay a £25 administration fee, assuming no claim has been made. If a claim has been made and You
wish to cancel, you will pay the full remaining balance of the annual contract.
For paid yearly policies We
will allow a pro-rata refund of premium for any unused quarters providing no claim has been made.
- You may cancel this policy at any time and We will allow a refund of the premium for every full quarter of the Policy Period that remains in force from the date of cancellation, below.
- Where a claim has been made during the current policy period, the full annual premium will still be payable despite the cancellation of cover and We reserve the right to deduct this from any claim payment.
shall not be bound to accept renewal of any insurance and may cancel this policy at any time subject to giving You
not less than 14 days’ notice in writing where there is a valid reason for doing so. A cancellation letter will be sent to You
last known address. Valid reasons may include but are not limited to
- Non-payment of premium, subject to non-payment notice below;
- Threatening and abusive behaviour
- Non-compliance with policy terms and conditions.
Provided the yearly premium has been paid in full, You
will be entitled to a proportionate rebate of the premium in respect of the unexpired period remaining on this policy.
This policy will automatically terminate at the date on which You
sell or otherwise dispose of the Equipment
on the Appliance List
This policy will be suspended from the date on which You
do not make a payment when it is due, or You
cancel any payment previously made or fail to maintain Your
monthly payments. In the event of this occurrence, The Administrator
will contact You
to establish if non-payment was intentional as You
no longer require this insurance or if it was unintentional and You
still wish cover to continue. If the latter applies, then on payment of the premium due and continuation of monthly payments thereafter has been arranged, the policy will be reinstated, and cover will be allowed to continue.